This CME Conference is designed to accommodate the continuing educational needs of the practicing primary care pediatrician, resident in training, and other health care professionals. Courses will provide information on obesity, heart disease, pediatric mental health and COVID, COVID epidemiology, pediatric headaches, dental care in immigrant communities, and adolescent e-cigarette use
- Identify patients at risk of obesity, treat patients with obesity, and collaborate with community members in treatment.
- Screen for risk factors of future heart disease and provide counseling.
- Describe a heart-healthy diet.
- 1) Review emergency response by the Kansas COVID Workgroup for Kids to COVID-19-related mental health concerns. 2) Present current research on what is known about the impact of COVID-19 on pediatric mental health. 3) Provide strategies for screening and treatment of mental health symptoms in primary care. 4) Discuss the long-term impact of COVID-19 on educational and emotional outcomes.
- Analyze how the SARS-CoV-2 pandemic affected children and what lessons have been learned which can be applied moving forward.
- Identify and triage red flags for pediatric headaches, select appropriate imaging modalities and other neurodiagnostic studies when indicated, and begin first-line prophylactic and abortive therapies.
- 1) Utilize culturally appropriate tools to educate patients from refugee populations about dental care. 2) Provide telehealth services to patients who are best served in a language other than English.
- Use novel dental health handouts to improve refugee patients’ knowledge and utilization of services.
- Understand an evidence-based and practical approach to assist the adolescent e-cigarette user.