KAAP Vaccine Liaison
KAAP is ready to support pediatricians in all of their vaccination questions and needs. Shanna Peters is the new KAAP Vaccine Liaison. She is available to help KAAP members implement the COVID-19 vaccine into their practices and increase overall vaccination rates. You can reach Shanna at email@example.com. or drop in through Zoom during her office hours on Wednesdays from 7:30 to 8:30 a.m. starting on August 4.
Zoom link; https://us02web.zoom.us/j/85272156141
Enrolling as a COVID Vaccine Provider in Kansas
We hope that KAAP members will begin offering COVID vaccines to patients in their practices. Please complete the COVID-19 Vaccination Provider Agreement. Instructions and a checklist can be found here. The process can take a few weeks to complete, so please follow the instructions closely to avoid any errors or required resubmissions.
What we know so far about the reports of Guillain-Barré syndrome (GBS) after the Johnson & Johnson (J&J) COVID-19 vaccine, as well as a possible COVID-19 vaccine booster dose for immunocompromised persons CDC’s expert advisory committee (ACIP) met today to review the data from the rare cases of GBS after COVID-19 vaccination and to discuss the current research around an additional COVID-19 vaccine dose for certain immunocompromised people. Read the full summary from Vaccinate Your Family (ACIP Meeting July 2021)
Information Campaign Resources and Tool Kits
Communicating About Vaccination in the United States: A FrameWorks Strategic Brief (Report FrameWorks Institute
UNITY -United for Adolescent Vaccination Don’t Wait. Vaccinate. campaign
Social media toolkit from the Interagency Working Group on Youth Programs (IWGYP)
The toolkit includes COVID-19 vaccine-related content created for an audience of young people and adults working with youth for use on social media channels. Social Media Messages (Word doc) Download images (Google Drive)
COVID Vaccine Resources
- COVID-19 Vaccines in Children and Adolescents (AAP Policy Statement)
- Children and COVID-19 Vaccination Trends (AAP)
- Communicating about FDA Approval to Build Confidence in COVID-19 Vaccines (pdf)
- COVID-19 Vaccine Training Modules (invitation to register from Children’s Mercy Hospital)
- COVID-19 Vaccine Resources (National Rural Health Association)
- Answering Patient’s Questions About COVID-19 Vaccine & Vaccination (CDC)
- How to talk to your patients about COVID-19 Vaccination (CDC)
- Teens’ Top COVID-10 Vaccine Questions Answered Video (Children’s Mercy)
Vaccines for Children (VFC)
View Kansas county-level data for non-influenza VFC doses ordered in 2020 and Jan-May 2021 compared with 2017-2019 averages. Thanks to the KDHE Kansas Immunization Program and IKC for sharing this CDC report.