AAP Launches New Health Information Technology (HIT) Web site!
To help educate AAP members in rapidly evolving HIT matters, the AAP launched the Child Health Informatics Center (CHIC) Web site in late January 2011.
The site is a one stop shop which centralizes all AAP HIT resources aimed to support pediatricians in the effective adoption and use of electronic health record (EHRs). Exciting website components include:
- A member resource library which provides information about meaningful use, AAP policy, advocacy efforts, and other essential educational materials.
- A state and territorial resource page which allows users to search for their state specific HIT activities and contacts.
- An archive of AAP responses to and comments on HIT policy and regulatory documents.
- Summaries on Academy project involvement and initiatives.
- An up-to-date list of upcoming HIT meetings and events.
- Contact information for AAP HIT staff.
As the premier Web site for pediatric HIT information, www.aap.org/chic demonstrates the Academy’s commitment to ensuring that members are provided with the most current information and guidance during this time of rapid change. For questions about the new website or the CHIC, contact CHIC@aap.org