Would you like to build support for immunizations, ensure FAQs from your patients’ families are answered by you and other trusted sources and free up time in your patient office visits? Is your practice looking to develop or expand its social media presence? You can save time and remain the key source of vaccine information for your patients and families by using the recently-updated AAP Immunization Social Media Toolkit to share resources, videos, memes and more.
The AAP seeks up to 20 pediatric practices willing to partake in a virtual learning collaborative for 12 weeks, from February to May, 2020. The practice would need to:
- Assign a Project Lead (this can be a physician, practice manager, immunization champion or person of your choosing);
- Create (if need be) at least two social media accounts (preferably Facebook and Twitter);
- Use the Immunization Social Media Toolkit to obtain guidance on selecting a platform and opening an account
- Recruit parents to follow the practice’s social media account;
- Share memes, videos, tweets/posts and resources from the Immunization Social Media Toolkit through the account at least 3 times per week for the duration of the learning collaborative;
- Discuss challenges, successes and tips with other learning collaborative participants via calls and other virtual technology;
- The AAP will coordinate conference calls and an online platform to facilitate collaboration and sharing among participants.
- Participants are expected to actively engage at least 10 out of the 12 weeks of the collaborative and can do so by participating and sharing during conference calls and/or posting to/responding to messages on the collaborative Listserv.
- Follow or like the social media accounts of other learning collaborative participants
- Share their posts and/or engage by commenting
- Follow or like the social media accounts of some immunizing colleagues, you may want to consider:
- Facebook – @AmerAcadPeds, @healthychildren
- Twitter – @AmerAcadPeds, @healthychildren, @AAPninossanos
- Instagram – @ameracadpeds @healthychildrenaap
- Facebook – @CDC
- Twitter – @CDCgov, @DrNancyM_CDC
- Instagram – @CDCgov
- Department of Health and Human Services
- Facebook – @nfidvaccines
- Twitter – @NFIDvaccines
- Manage and respond to followers’ comments/questions;
- Use an AAP-developed questionnaire to survey families/followers anonymously about the messages they viewed through your practice’s social media and submit family survey data to CISP staff; and
- Complete an evaluation of the toolkit.
- Survey will include a request for feedback on how the tool could be improved.
In return, your practice will receive:
- $500 as compensation for your time.
- Support from the AAP in setting up and using your social media account(s).
- Access to AAP-member social media experts!
- The satisfaction of helping other practices start or improve their social media immunization messaging!
If interested in the learning collaborative please complete this brief questionnaire. Contact Katie Milewski at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions. Please note we are looking for no more than 20 practices. It is possible not all applicants will be included, as space is limited.