This CME Conference is designed to accommodate the continuing educational needs of the practicing primary care pediatrician, resident in training and other health care professionals. Thursday’s courses will provide information on cyber liability in healthcare, the Brush, Book, Bed literacy program, an EKG refresher and gastrostomy tube care. Friday’s courses will include information about trauma informed care, Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome in 2019, childhood obesity treatment, lead poisoning, introducing the “No Hit Zone”, 2019 Kansas Public Policy Update, common pediatric eye disorders, and a musculoskeletal X-ray workshop.
- Understand the importance of establishing a security culture within their healthcare organization.
- Recognize key components of the AAP’s Brush, Book, Bed messaging program and visualize options for implementation in their own practice.
- Improve comfort level with reviewing pediatric EKGs.
- Better comfort level with the basics of gastrostomy tube care.
- Recognize the impact ACE’s have on acute and long-term health outcomes.
- Discuss current evaluation and management of neonatal abstinence syndrome with newer care model focusing on patient and family centered care.
- Apply primary care-based obesity treatment strategies in their practice.
- Understand lead poisoning in Kansas and resources available to pediatricians.
- Discuss the relevant research and literature regarding the detrimental effects of hitting children.
- Promote awareness and knowledge of public policy issues of interest to KAAP.
- Diagnosis and treat common pediatric eye disorders.
- Evaluate hip x-rays for an apophyseal avulsion fracture and knee x-rays for an osteochondral defect.