This CME Conference is designed to accommodate the continuing educational needs of the practicing primary care pediatrician, resident in training, and other health care professionals. Courses will provide information on dermatology, trauma-informed care, asthma and allergy guidelines, orthopedic sports injury, legislative update, gynecology and contraceptive update, and depression and anxiety.
- Describe cutaneous manifestations of COVID infections. Identify infants with high-risk infantile hemangiomas that should be referred for further evaluation.
- Define psychological trauma and toxic stress. Understand how trauma impacts brain development and lifelong health. Delineate need for trauma-informed care. Identify the basic principles of trauma-informed care.
- Understand the newest recommendations and guidelines for asthma and allergic conditions.
- Identify mechanical derangement of joint injury based on history and clinical exam. Diagnostic questions and dilemma for care sports injury/trauma.
- Have a greater awareness of current legislative and policy issues.
- Describe all types of contraception with risks and benefits of each.
- Initiate SSRI therapy, titrate dosages, and monitor effects for anxiety and depression. Implement exercise and wellness into the treatment regimen for anxiety and depression.