Promoting Adult Immunizations in Pediatric Practice – KAAP received a grant from the Kansas Health Foundation to work with practices to promote adult immunizations in the pediatric practice. We are still looking for a couple of pilot sites to participate! Pilot sites will receive a free one hour training with CME and lunch, materials to promote adult immunizations and where they can get immunized in your community, and a stipend. Contact Mel Hudelson for more information at email@example.com.
Payment Administration Issues – Send your feedback
Flu Resources – AAP Flu Vaccine Recommendations
AAP Policy Updates – 2019 Immunization Schedule
*Please note that there are two provisional requirements listed on the K-12 memo. K.A.R. 28-1-20 is currently in the final stages of revision which is expected to be final prior to the start of the school year. In addition to previous requirements, the revised regulation will require:
- Hepatitis A: Two doses required. Doses should be given at 12 months with a minimum interval of 6 months between the 1st and 2nd dose.
- Meningococcal (Serogroup A,C,W,Y): Two doses required. Doses should be given at entry to 7th grade (11-12 years) and 11th grade (16-18 years). For children 16-18 years, only one dose is required.
Additional Immunization Resources
- Consolidate immunization information among Health Care Professionals
- Avoid unnecessary or duplicated immunizations
- Mentor immunization status of children and adults
- Accurately assess a patients immunization status
- School nurses will have access
- Reduces your out of pocket costs because you don’t have to buy vaccine with your own money for those children that are eligible to receive Vaccine for Children funded vaccines.
- Saves your patients out of pocket costs because the vaccines are free.
- Allows you to charge an admin fee to offset your cost of doing business.
- Covers all ACIP recommended vaccines.
- Enhances all services you provide relative to EPSDT.
- You no longer have to refer patients to public health to get their vaccines.
- Helps to build your business by providing badly needed government services to patients in need.
- Provides a medical home