Increasing Childhood Immunizations QI Project
KAAP invites you to participate in a quality improvement project to understand and improve your individual provider immunization rates. This FREE activity is:
- eligible for 25 MOC Part 4 points from the American Board of Pediatrics,
- includes 4.0 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM and
- a $1,000 provider stipend, awarded at project completion.
Over six months, participants will pull vaccine data reports every other month, attend four virtual trainings, and implement evidence-based process changes.
The project kicks off on April 5 and runs through October 2023.
Current Immunization Schedules
KAAP has created immunization schedule wall clings for ages birth to 18 months, and ages 2 to 6 years. View them here. To request clings be mailed to your practice, email Mallory Laur at email@example.com.
View the current CDC immunization schedules.
KAAP Vaccine Outreach Toolkit
KAAP has new resources to help pediatricians promote vaccination within the practice and get kids caught up on needed immunizations. View the toolkit.
Kansas Immunization Provider Communication Guidance
Flu Resources – AAP Flu Vaccine Recommendations
2022-2023 Kansas School Requirements and Schedules
- Reduces your out-of-pocket costs because you don’t have to buy vaccine with your own money for those children that are eligible to receive Vaccine for Children funded vaccines.
- Saves your patients out of pocket costs because the vaccines are free.
- Allows you to charge an admin fee to offset your cost of doing business.
- Covers all ACIP recommended vaccines.
- Enhances all services you provide relative to EPSDT.
- You no longer have to refer patients to public health to get their vaccines.
- Helps to build your business by providing badly needed government services to patients in need.
- Provides a medical home
Promoting Adult Immunizations in Pediatric Practice – KAAP received a grant from the Kansas Health Foundation to work with practices to promote adult immunizations in the pediatric practice. We are still looking for a couple of pilot sites to participate! Pilot sites will receive a free one hour training with CME and lunch, materials to promote adult immunizations and where they can get immunized in your community, and a stipend.