About the Kansas Breastfeeding Friendly Practice Designation
KAAP in collaboration with the Kansas Breastfeeding Coalition has created the Kansas Breastfeeding Friendly Practice Designation that can be earned by physician practices in Kansas. Medical providers who care for mothers and babies are in a position to offer support and encouragement that can lead to successful breastfeeding. Created to increase exclusive breastfeeding rates at six months of age and beyond in Kansas, this initiative will help practices create policy and environmental changes that will support breastfeeding mothers.
Participating practices can earn up to a 5 star designation, one star for each of the Breastfeeding Friendly Practice criteria:
- A breastfeeding friendly office environment
- Education for both staff and parents
- Policies and procedures that promote breastfeeding
- Community connections and breastfeeding resources
- On-site individualized breastfeeding support
A physician trainer will give an on-site training – FREE CME and lunch included for the practice – based on the Breastfeeding Friendly Practice criteria to each participating practice. Practices will receive a tool kit including a window cling, poster, parent handouts, and electronic resources on a portable drive.
How to participate:
- Fill out the registration form and email it to Mel Hudelson at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Complete the self-assessment and email to email@example.com or fax to 866-519-0365
- Work with KAAP staff to find a time for your one hour on-site training (lunch provided)
- Promote your Kansas Breastfeeding Friendly Practice Designation in your community
Breastfeeding Resources for Providers: