A new AAP ECHO with lead surveillance will offer MOC Parts 2 and 4 for practices completing the program. The deadline to apply is January 7th.
Practices may apply to participate here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/LeadECHOapplication. Practice applications are due by January 7, 2019. A PDF of the application is attached for reference
Below is some additional information about the project and what is required of participating practices. If you have additional questions or concerns, please let me know. Thank you!
- This is a quality improvement project that uses the Project ECHO (Extension for Community Healthcare Outcomes) methodology. The project runs January – July 2019. Participating practices will:
- Form a multidisciplinary practice based team
- Complete monthly retrospective deidentified chart reviews
- Hold a monthly team meeting to review data and plan/implement PDSA process improvement cycles
- Attend monthly one-hour ECHO sessions, held virtually via Zoom video conference
- A kick-off session will be held on Thursday, January 17 from 5:00-6:00 Eastern time.
- Monthly ECHO sessions will take place on the last Thursday of the month from 4:00-5:00 pm Eastern time, beginning January 31, 2019.
- Eligible participants can earn CME/MOC Part 2 credits and MOC Part 4 credits (pending approval) for participating in this project.
- Practices will focus on improving the quality of care for children ages 6-72 months of age affected by lead poisoning. Proposed measures for the quality improvement component address:
- Testing for lead poisoning
- Appropriately interpreting blood lead test results
- Follow up care and treatment for children with lead poisoning
- Counseling parents on appropriate management of lead-exposed children